() Do you want to become a medical assistant but don’t have time to take classes at a college campus? Online medical assistant programs may be the solution you’ve been looking for. With the help of online medical assistant courses, you can get all the education you need without having to change your current lifestyle. Ready to take the plunge into a rewarding and lucrative career?Vintage Royal Red Postcard Style Personalised Engagement Party Invitations Invites & Envelopes
We make it easier to apply to schools by providing a list of schools that meet your needs. We have done the research so you don’t have to.
Schools: if you want us to review your program, contact us today.
Here is a list of the best online schools for medical assistants, all of which are fully accredited:
150cm White Swan BEIMEI Giant Pizza Float Party Tube Inflatable Rafts, Adults & Kids (color 180cm Pizza)Herzing University offers an associate of science in medical assisting services that you could use to jump start your career. Bicycle Pedals Ultralight Aluminum Alloy Pedal Mountain Bike Riding Equipment,PurpleMost students are able to complete the diploma version of the program within 12 to 20 months, and the associate’s degree lasts 16 to 24 months. Both degrees prepare for certification exams issued through the American Medical Technologists Association. Herzing’s online medical assistant courses are accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools, a nationally recognized accreditation institution. In addition to the online medical assistant programs this school has to offer, students may choose to enroll on campus in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, and Wyoming.
Strawberry 2 Pieces Curtain Panel 55 x 78 for Bedroom Living Room colorful inches xomfii1142-new toys
Keiser University is a fully online college that offers an associate of arts in health services administration. DIEIGEIHAO Cute cartoon corner creature big bag doll pillow plush toy to send girlfriend rag doll birthday gift, 3You can use a degree like this to become a medical assistant, and you can get through the program in as little as two years with summer school. The staff here works with students before, during, and after graduation to ensure they find jobs as quickly as possible. The degrees here are accredited by the Glued and Screwed Frankenstein Latex Halloween Mask.
Liberty University offers an associate of applied science in medical office assisting. The program is designed to prepare prospective students for a career as a medical assistant in various health care related positions such as hospitals and clinics. The courses include Intro to Health Professions, Medical Office Billing and Bookeeping, Medical Office Systems and Procedures, and much more.
Olydmsky Halloween Costumes Women Halloween Costume Gown Prom Dress
Ultimate Medical Academy offers an associate of science in medical administrative assisting. This degree involves 60 credit units of courses that take between 61 and 96 weeks to complete. The medical assistant classes at UHOO Decor Fleece Throw Blanket 71481181 Theater Curtain. Presentation. Movies for Woollen Blanket are unique in that they are all five weeks long. Rather than taking four courses at a time for a third of the year, you take one or two courses at a time for five weeks each. This allows you to get through your degree faster, and it gives you a chance to focus more on each of the classes you take. InCharacter Baby Lil' Gobbler Turkey CostumeThere are breaks throughout the year that you can utilize, but most students charge through the classes as quickly as possible. You could be a medical assistant in a little over a year if you planned your schedule correctly.
Harrison College is one of the premier universities for medical assistant studies, and it now has a degree program online. It was founded in 1902 and has over 5,000 students under its name. The associate of applied science in medical assisting here is a 96 credit program that lasts approximately two years. Through the courses in this medical assistant program, you will learn about administering medications, running laboratory tests, handling office procedures, checking vital signs, and managing other tasks related to medical assistance. As long as you get through your class work, you should be able to find a job shortly after graduation.
Anpanman limited pet bottle holder Dokin Chan (japan import)
Purdue University Global offers an amazing associate of applied science in medical assisting that you could use to work as a medical assistant.Long Range Two Way Radio Handheld VHF 400470MHz Transceiver Interphone With Rechargeable Liion Battery and LED Light Voice Prompt for Field Survival Biking and Hiking The program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, and it features three competency courses that prepare you for various tasks in your career. Purdue University is known for offering quality medical degree programs online, and that is no different for medical assistants. If you prefer learning on campus, there are classrooms available in Iowa, Maryland, and Nebraska. For most students though, online classes for medical assistants are the most convenient.
Medical assistants take on the tedious tasks in the medical field that other professionals need to work efficiently. Most of the work in this profession is clerical and clinical, such as scheduling patient appointments and writing down medical histories. Humpback Whale Plush Stuffed Animal Toy by Fiesta Toys 20 by Fiesta ToysA medical assistant may jot down a patient’s height, weight, and symptoms before a doctor assesses the patient. He may also give shots and prepare blood work for the lab. The specific job description you may have as a medical assistant will depend on the doctor’s office or hospital you work for. You can talk to other medical assistants in your area to find out what life is like for them on a daily basis.
Medical assistants are in high demand across the country right now. With just a couple years of training, you can practically be guaranteed a job. LIWEIXKY Blooming Flowers Diy Painting By Numbers Lotus Painting & Calligraphy Unique Gift For Living Room Home Decor, Framed, 50x60cmMany medical assistants go back to school to become nurses, lab techs, and more. Others are plenty happy working in this field. No matter what your goals are, you can achieve them as you learn how to become a medical assistant.
- Pay Rate
- Doc McStuffins Pet Vet Interactive Doc and Pets Doll
- 96 SQ.FT (24 Tiles) TrendMakers® 96 SQ. FT Interlocking EVA (BLACK) Reversible Floor Matting Suitable Foam Mats for Gym Outdoor Indoor Predective Flooring Mats Nursery Play Fun Swimming Pool w Corner Stripes 60x60cm
The average medical assistant in America earns $13.87 an hour.
These pay rates will change by location, employer, and educational background, but they should give you a good idea about the kind of potential you can look forward to. This may not be the most lucrative career around, but it is definitely better than minimum wage.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 31% growth rate for medical assistant jobs between 2010 and 2020. This is much faster than the national average.
What does this mean for you? More jobs than you could ever apply for! There were 527,600 medical assistant jobs in 2010, and that number is expected to jump to 690,500 by 2020. Finding work as a medical assistant should not be a problem at all. If you’re looking for job security, this is the way to get it.
Vintage Telegram Elegant Pink Personalised Wedding Stationery Thank You CardsPerhaps the best reason of all to become a medical assistant is the fact that you may be able to transition your education to other jobs in the future. For instance, you might become an office manager for a doctor’s office, or you might go back to school to become a nurse or nurse’s aid.
You will already have knowledge of medical forms and terminology, which will give you a head start over the competition. You could become a nurse practitioner or even a doctor if you want to, as long as you keep earning the degrees you need.
Online medical assistant programs are run much like the campus programs they’re built from. They offer the same information and the same timeframes.Happy Elk, White Twin,60 x 80 KFZ Kids 4pcs Cotton Bedding Autumn Winter Duvet Cover Without Comforter Flat Bedsheet Pillowcases CQ Twin Full Queen Sweet Family colorful Leather Designs (Sweet Deer Family, Pink, Twin,60 x 80 ) The only difference is where you learn and how you go about turning in assignments. Everything happens from the convenience of your computer.
The average medical assistant program takes approximately 9 months to complete, though some can last as long as 2 years. At the end of the program, you will either have an associate of science in medical assistance, or you will have a chance to earn a certification for medical assisting.Dark bluee S 8HAOWENJU Captain America Bag, Student Bag, Lightweight And Wearable, Backpack (large, Small) Becoming certified is the key to finding work right after you get out of school. In fact, many students are able to start working while they are finishing their education because they have a high chance of passing their certification exams.
Note that you can work as a medical assistant right after high school if you find an employer willing to train you. It takes 5 years of experience as a non-educated medical assistant to apply for a certification exam, but it is something you can do if you must. You can shorten that timeframe considerably if you simply look for a medical assistant school from the start.
- Nsync 10 Marionette Chris Kirkpatrick by Living Toys
- Gundam Fix Figuration 0008 Gundam GP02A
- Fun Years Teeny Town Pirate Cove Playset by Bruin
- Magne Magne robot model series reprint Jeeg (japan import)
- Aurora World Bruiser Gentle Giant 39
- ColourLife Cute Cat with Flower Pink Hearts Soft Bed Blanket Throw Cozy Warm Flannel Fleece Blanket for Kids Women Bed Sofa Couch Beach 50x60 inches
- Douglas Toys Tropical Fish Sillo by Douglas Toys
- Steven Universe Lion Flocked Pop Vinyl Figure FUNKO
- Giga Tent 3in1 Fun Tunnel by GigaTent
- ECW Get Extreme Action Figure Pivot Punch Taz Hardcore Action Figure With Folding Chair by Toymakers 1999
- Mattel Disney Princess Floating Swan Sleeping Beauty Salon
- Pillow Pets 11 Inch Pee Wees Curious Cat , Black
- Happy Days 500pc Jigsaw Puzzle by Bepuzzled
- Lloyd ZX (Green Ninja) with Dual gold Swords LEGO Ninjago Minifigure
- Metall Dwarven 7 Dice Set Board Game
- Durango Silgreenon 1000 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle by SunsOut
- OxOHome Sunflower Bedding SetsRound Sunflower Mandala Design Diamond Pearl Figures Print Duvet Cover Sets Yellow White Green Full Bedding Comforter Cover Sets Soft Bedding Collections
- AAG Knitted Cotton Sofa Cover Slipcovers AllInclusive Couch Case for Different Shape Sofa Solid color Couch Corner Cover Cases 8, Pillow Case
- Animals & Birds Colouring Set of 2 Books and 20 CR8 Fibre Tip Pens Ideal Gift Set
- Signature Design by Ashley Q256053K Dietrick 3 Piece Quilt Set, King, Ivory
- Hot Wheels Avant Garde Brave Little Tailor 4 8 Series Mickey Mouse 2018
- IPrint Pink Duvet Cover Set,Full Size,Mediterranean Horizon Sea from Wooden Terrace Balcony Fences Holiday Life Photo,Decorative 3 Piece Bedding Set with 2 Pillow Sham,Best Gift for Girls Women,Multi
- 7 ft. Fat Cat 7 ft. Phoenix 3in1 Billiard Table
- G.I. Joe Vintage Battle Corps Crimson Guard Commander (1992)
- Fils watercolor set 14 color set (japan import) by Kuretake by Kuretake
- A5 folded Brown Kraft card Personalised kraft engagement party invitations INDIE FLORAL FREE DRAFT & FREE KRAFT ENVELOPES (30, A5 folded Brown Kraft card)
- Hot Wheels Real Riders '67 Chevy Camaro BLACK by Mattel
- The most lottery Shinra all the starry hosts gods of heaven and earth of chapter B Award
- Lego Star Wars 6966 MINI Jedi Starfighter LEGO STAR WARS MINI Jedi Starfighter
- Chase the Race 36 Ken Schrader 1 24 Scale Diecast Car by Racing Champions
- SHELLTB Tetris Stackable Night Light 3D Puzzles Toy 7 colors Magic Blocks Induction Interlocking LED Novelty Desk Lamp Lighting DIY for Kids Teens and Adults 7 PCS,3sets
- 21x30mm White Stick Point Biwa Natural Freshwater Cultured Pearls Beads for Jewellery Making DIY (15x22mm Big Pink Nuclear Edison Pearls)
- Vantaso Blankets Cute Happy Pig Throws Soft Kids Girls Boys 50x60 inch
- Backgammon Board Game Set, Handmade, The World Design, Medium Size (38x19cm 15''x7.5 Closed)
- Ohio Art Ks Kids Time Station by Ohio Art
- DONGER Dinosaur Doll Toy Sleeping Pillow Cute Doll Boy Girl Lazy Birthday Gift, Dinosaur, 40 Cm
- IPrint Creative Flannel Blanket for Home Warming,Moon,Old Lighthouse by The Sea with White Clouds and Calm Ocean Landscape Photo Decorative,Dark bluee Ivory White,One Side Printing,Excess Value
- Doctor/Patient Confidentiality
- Medical Ethics
- Medical Law
- Medical Terminology
- DC Universe Justice League Batman, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, Justice Lord Green Lantern, Justice Lord Superman, Justice Lord Flash
You will learn about the paperwork and filing systems used regularly in the medical field so you can provide assistance to other professionals.
- Embassysport XQ Max. Classic Sisal Dartboard with Wire Bristle Dart Board Set.
The great thing about going to school online is the fact that you get to set your own schedule. No matter how busy you may be right now, you can find time to work your classes into your life.Littlest Pet Shop Vinnie Terrio Gecko Pet 3558 This could be during a lunch break at work, late at night before bed, early in the morning before your shift starts, etc. As long as you have access to the internet, you can schedule your classes for any time.
Note that a lot of online medical assisting programs are not set up like traditional degrees. Rather than having a spring, summer, and fall semester, you may have one or two classes that you take for a month straight. After completing that course, you move on to another one. This will ultimately help you get through your degree quicker so you can start looking for a job.
School Supplies and Costs
Nickelodeon Shimmer and Shine Pink Jewels Insulated Dual Compartment Lunch Tote with Handle Measures 7.5 inches W x 9.0 inches H x 5.0 inches DeepYou will need textbooks for online medical assisting classes just like you would regular ones. Some schools may ask you to purchase e-books instead of regular textbooks, just to save a little money. You shouldn’t need a ton of notebook paper or anything along those lines because you can type notes for video lectures on your computer. Just make sure you have a strong connection to the internet.
The tuition rates for online medical assisting programs vary from school to school. For the most part, you can expect to spend less than $300 a credit hour. Online schools have the ability to offer low tuition rates because they do not carry the same overhead that other schools have. You can use this to your advantage. If you don’t have the means to pay for school out of pocket, don’t worry. You can still benefit from scholarships, grants, and other sources of financial aid.
To increase your chances of getting work when you get out of school, you need to become a Certified Medical Administrative Assistant. You can take an exam for this through the National Healthcare Association and the American Association of Medical Assistants. Some states will also offer certification exams on their own, which is something you should look into while applying for jobs. If your employer expects you to have a specific certification, make sure you take the test before you apply.
We’ve listed the best online medical assistant schools for you here, but you still have to decide which one you want to go through. One of the easiest ways to do this is by deciding what kind of degree you want to have. Do you want to go through an entire associate’s degree, or would you rather stick with a diploma? Sticko Flip PackPatriotic, Other, Multicoloured, 2.63 x 15.97 x 28.03 cmDo you have plans on enrolling in other degrees in the future? You need to find a school that is going to offer the education you’re looking for so you don’t have to find yet another school down the road.
You also need to think about whether or not the school is accredited. This will make a big difference in your employment options and transfer credits (if you decide to do more later on). If your degree is not accredited, you are essentially completing courses that don’t mean anything. The training in them might be legitimate, but it isn’t monitored. Thus your employers and other schools you may look into won’t know how much you really know.
Compare the costs, timeframes, admissions requirements, and other factors for each school you’re thinking of attending. You may want to read reviews of the schools or talk to former students if you truly want to go the extra mile with your research. Once you find a medical assistant program online, all you have to do is enroll and start attending.Carbotex duvet cover Owl dark bluee 140 x 200 cm